Friday, June 25, 2010

Session 11 - Daniel

Well, we’ve made it to week eleven of our current study of the book of Daniel. We’re coming up on our LAST week of homework - I can’t believe it!

On page 205 of our homework this past week, Beth shared the following thoughts: “Beloved, I don’t just take God at His word because people to me to. God didn’t give us a brain so we’d be ridiculously gullible. God said, “Come now, let us reason together” (Isa. 1:18, emphasis mine). Reasonable people can believe God and take Him at His Word because God has proved believable. Yes, we walk by faith, but we stand on fact... We believe because God has proved Himself believable.” She then asked us to give the following question (which is our discussion question of the week) some thought:

What would you consider to be the key to your own personal trust in God?

I don’t think I’m alone in admitting that I sometimes struggle with doubts. But for me, at the end of the day, the key to my own personal trust in God can be summarized best by Joshua 23:14, “you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed.” What I know is this: I only live, I am only truly living, when I live my life to bring God glory, when I walk according to His ways. In every way that He has directed me in my life, God has never (not once) given me bad advice, wrong directions, or set me on a bad course. Whenever I have set my heart to do His will, I have walked the path of life. Psalm 119: 92-93 puts it this way, “Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction. I will never forget your precepts, for by them You have given me life.” He gives me life. Not just eternal life, but abundant life. Just like He promised He would (John 10:10). He keeps His promises. And, for me, that’s the key.


This week, we’ll be watching video session eleven, entitled, “Kings in Succession.” Below is the link for video session 11. The corresponding viewer guide is on pages 212 and 213 of your workbook.



http://www.lifeway.com/product/005035491/?cs=1


Please post any comments and/or prayer requests at any point throughout the week. We will all enjoy and benefit from hearing what you’ve been learning, and it is truly our privilege to lift one another up in prayer.



Do your homework, and don’t forget your commitment to LEARN!



Your friend, Amy

No comments: