Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week Five - WGPDUT

Hi Everyone!

I am posting this week because Amy seems to be having some internet trouble and isn’t able to get on here until Thursday. She wanted to make sure the post was up in time for those of you who are on track so you can watch the video session 5 this week! I’ll have to go ahead and admit that I am in fact a little bit behind but would still love to share where I’m at and what I’ve been learning.

I just finished week four and some key points really hit home for me. Much like Beth, I am also a very visual learner. The stick figure diagram, I thought, was brilliant. Just to see two people intertwined like the drawing depicted, truly does signify how unhealthy relationships can feel. Suffocating. I love how Hebrews 12:1 actually uses the word “entangles.”

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”

Entanglement doesn’t necessarily have to be between two people. Some of you may have found this picture more meaningful if your stick figure was wrapped up in an object, a dollar sign, career … etc. Hebrews 12:1 clearly states that whatever the sin is, it entangles us and we need to throw it off in order to run the race marked out for us.

The second drawing was of two stick figures that were connected with a cross between them. I just loved this. Christ doesn’t want us to disconnect in every relationship we have, in fact, we are called to do just the opposite. However, this second picture shows the proper way to maintain these relationships: with God centered in the middle.
This far in the study, what key points/lessons/or verses have really stuck with you and have impacted your daily routine?

Did this drawing hit home for any of you? If so, I hope you were as grateful as I was to know that no rope is tied too tight for God. And with Him centered in our relationships, we can live with a sigh of relief, knowing that He is the one managing our relationships.

If you have made a personal commitment to make a post on our group page each week, let us know what you thought. If you are a little bit behind (as I am) feel free to post where you’re at and what you’re learning at this point in your study!

This week, we’ll be watching the group session 5 video (click the link below). The corresponding viewer guide is on page 123 of your workbook.

http://www.lifeway.com/product/005094029/

Have a great week!!

Your friend,
Catie

No comments: