Monday, December 6, 2010

Week Four - WGPDUT

Late again! I hope you will forgive me for being a little late in making our weekly post again this week. I generally like to get a new post up on the page before lunch time, but I have had tough Mondays for the past two weeks. We had a slight family crisis this weekend (I’ll spare you the details because it still breaks my heart too much to blog about), but I will say that my family certainly would appreciate your prayers.

In any case, I am happy to get back into study mode with you now. We definitely have a lot to discuss from this past week of homework. Our focus this week was guarding against relational seductions. Or in other words, we studied how to maintain healthy relationships. Right off we learned that disconnecting from others in order to avoid be relationally seduced is not a viable option. Beth rightly noted that we have been left on this earth for the unapologetic purposes of connecting: (1) with a lost world through the gospel of Jesus Christ; (2) with people in need (people who need food, shelter, medical care, etc.) in the name of Jesus Christ; and (3) with the body of Christ for the love of Christ. Moreover, we discussed what it means to have unity with other believers, the snare of sexually seductive relationships, the snare of nonsexually seductive relationships, and the need we have for discernment and accountability.

Personally, I was encouraged by the topic this week in many ways. Generally speaking, I am a people person. I love my friends, my family, and even most strangers in a weird way. But, without a doubt, I have definitely had some unhealthy relationships in my life. It was interesting to be able to reflect on these relationships from a godly perspective. I’d like to think that, when it comes to my relationships today, I am much older and wiser (in part, due to my experiences in previous relationships and the hard lessons I’ve learned). But I also appreciated the valuable reminders this week of study had to offer. After all, I never want to get caught in seductive relational webs again.

What about you? What did you appreciate most from the lessons and/or video this past week? If you have made a personal commitment to make a post on our group page each week, let us know what you thought. It is always encouraging to hear from other members in the group!


This week, we’ll be watching the group session 4 video (click the link below). The corresponding viewer guide is on page 101 of your workbook.

http://www.lifeway.com/product/005094028/?cs=1

I so love studying with each of you.

Your friend, Amy

No comments: