Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Esther - Session Three

Is it just me, or is this Bible study flying? I feel like I am speeding through it. I can’t tell if the homework assignments are actually shorter (as opposed to other Beth Moore studies) or if I am just enjoying the homework so much that I do not notice the time pass. It’s crazy.

This past week entitled, “A Raging Passion for Honor” was very sobering. Indeed, it is tough being a woman in a MEAN world. And this world is mean in many ways. Whether we ourselves are the culprits responsible for acts of meanness, victims of meanness, or witnesses to downright, unapologetic meanness - meanness surrounds us everywhere.

Day One of our homework was entitled, “Refusing to Bow.” But (if I may be so bold) I think a better name for Day One would have been, “A Set Mind.” I loved this day of homework for the discussion we had regarding the unshakable stance we take when we respond out of MIND-SET rather than out of mood. Let’s make up our minds and set them, shall we?

I also loved being reassured yet again that God loves us, He is hard at work in our lives, and nothing takes place outside the timeline of His perfect will. Moreover, “the Ancient of Days” sits enthroned upon the bench where He will judge every single thing that happens in creation. He misses nothing. He sees not only what happens, but the motivation behind what happens. And ultimately, we are all accountable to Him. Praise the Lord!

Our week of homework ended with the question, “What can one woman do?” I am certainly anxious to find out - not only in the life of Esther, but in each of our lives as well. I love you girls. Thank you for your friendship and your encouragement. And of course, thank you for coming alongside me in this study. Matthew 18:20 says, “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” Jesus is with us! Set your mind on that!


This week, we’ll be watching video session three. The viewer guide (to be completed while watching the video session) can be found on pages 80 and 81 of our workbooks.

*** PLEASE NOTE: The Lifeway website has CHANGED! To order the “Session 3” video, make sure you choose the box that says “Session 3” in the section that says “Select Session Number.” I cannot send you a direct link to buy the session 3 video for some reason with the format of the new website. ***

http://www.lifeway.com/Product/esther-its-tough-being-a-woman-video-sessions-M00000120#

You may have to copy and paste the above link into your browser.


Our homework for this week begins on page 82 and ends on page 103 of our workbooks. Make every effort to complete this homework before next Tuesday, when I will post the link for our next video session and discuss some of the things that we learned this week.

Your friend,


Amy :)

2 comments:

Annie Grace said...

:) AMY im trying to catch up so I can be on task and chat about what is happening during the correct week. Let me just say this study came at the perfect timing in my life! PRAISE THE LORD!

Mommy said...

Just got back from Vacation... and would you believe everything stood in my way! I did finish 3 before I left and some more but couldn't watch the video. My mom's computer kept freezing whenever I went to this site, and I couldn't get the kids to bed without me! So I was glad I doubled up a little before i left... I have to watch session 3 tonight, then I will watch session 4 sometime later.
The homework I thought was easier too, but I have the Bible app on my phone now which is incredible and so it is much easier for me to read and understand but now that you said it, I think it's about 30 minutes a night.
It is sooo interesting, almost like reading the "tabloids" of the Bible. I really liked the last study too, but when I heard you guys did Daniel, I wasn't that interested. Now, I really want to go back and do that one too, I'm hooked. I love how Beth explains everything and makes me realize how i wasn't really grasping everything before and had a lot of wrong ideas!