Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Esther - Session Four

Hey girls! How is everyone doing out there? I am glad you both seem to be getting so much out of this study. Tara, you said this study came at the perfect time. I feel the SAME way. The timing of this study could not be better. I am learning and being encouraged in so many ways.

For me, this week of study has been convicting. I feel like I have been subtly slipping into some old comfortable (but not so productive) habits and (thank the Lord!) I’m getting called out on it. I have definitely let some little things go in the past. Not surprisingly, those little things eventually turned into big things (and in some cases, even strongholds). So when I feel conviction over anything in my life, I can honestly say that - although I am sometimes reluctant - I am also grateful. I just appreciate that God cares enough to call me out and keep me on the right track. How about you? How do you respond when you are convicted regarding certain pet areas in your life? Are you quick to give them up? Or do you have a drawn-out spiritual tug-of-war?

Beth made a terrific point at the end of Day Four of our homework this week. She said, “I had to accept that I was not called to an easy life. I was called to a purposeful life.” I believe this is true for all of us - we should all be living a life of purpose. For me, I constantly need to evaluate the amount of time I am spending in front of the computer, in front of the television, on my blackberry, and in the general pursuit of worthless things. A friend recently shared Psalm 119:37 with me, and I was happy to see Beth reference it as well. “Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.” It seems our generation more than any other in history needs to be purposeful in applying this verse to memory. We have so many distractions and temptations.

Even so, we should take care not to forget that God was very purposeful in placing us - Kristin, Tara and Amy - in this specific time and place in history. He knew there would be distractions and temptations like never before. And He thought we would be the best girls for the job. I am blown away by this. As Beth put it, we “have been placed in [our] sphere of influence ... ‘for such a time as this.’” This IS our critical moment ladies. Are you game?

This week, we’ll be watching video session four. The viewer guide (to be completed while watching the video session) can be found on pages 104 and 105 of our workbooks.

*** PLEASE NOTE: The Lifeway website has CHANGED! To order the “Session 4” video, make sure you choose the box that says “Session 4” in the section that says “Select Session Number.” I cannot send you a direct link to buy the session 4 video for some reason with the format of the new website. ***

http://www.lifeway.com/Product/esther-its-tough-being-a-woman-video-sessions-M00000120#

You may have to copy and paste the above link into your browser.


Our homework for this week begins on page 106 and ends on page 127 of our workbooks. Make every effort to complete this homework before next Tuesday, when I will post the link for our next video session and discuss some of the things that we learned this week.

Your friend,

Amy :)

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Well I am finally caught up. I feel like i am constantly in a tug of war.... This year was extra tough being that in my decision, I couldn't tell between what was right anymore. In the past it was easier to at least know that.
I really love this study, and I agree with you both, it came at the perfect time for me, staying at home with the kids and quitting my job, really has made me question my identity, but it's very reassuring being reminded how I am so loved by God. I also think this is something I want to teach my daughter from a young age so that she doesn't get some of the ideas that I had got and that she hopefully will develope a great self esteem.