Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Esther - Session Six

Kristin’s prayer request got me thinking about the different ways God directs our lives. I don’t know about you, but God has never audibly spoken to me or appeared to me in a burning bush when I sought him over a decision in my life. Instead, his way of directing me is much more like the book of Esther. As we talked about in Session One, God’s name is not specifically written in this book of the Bible, but His fingerprints are all over it.

I thought this week of study was very encouraging on this point specifically. Recall Ester 6:1, “The king could not sleep; so he ordered the book of the chronicles, the record of his reign, to be brought in and read to him.” Just in the nick of time, eh? I chuckled at the Jeannette Clift George quote on page 132, “God is never late, but He misses a few good opportunities to be early.” Beth also made me laugh on page 148 when she wrote, “Sometimes we wait and wait for God to move, then when he does, we protest that He’s moving too fast. Our cries, ‘Lord, why do you wait?’ turn into ‘Lord, wait!’”

I hope this will encourage you, Kristin, as you seek the Lord for direction at this time. Sometimes, his ways are not obvious. Oftentimes, his ways are not the same. But regardless of when or how God chooses to answer your prayer, I hope you will be encouraged to know that he is most certainly at work. “Indeed, so all encompassing is God’s attention to events within creation that nothing happens by chance.” I will continue to pray for you. Thank you so much for your continuing encouragement to me.

This week, we’ll be watching video session six. The viewer guide (to be completed while watching the video session) can be found on pages 152 and 153 of our workbooks.

*** PLEASE NOTE: The Lifeway website has CHANGED! To order the “Session 6” video, make sure you choose the box that says “Session 6” in the section that says “Select Session Number.” I cannot send you a direct link to buy the session 6 video for some reason with the format of the new website. ***

http://www.lifeway.com/Product/esther-its-tough-being-a-woman-video-sessions-M00000120#

You may have to copy and paste the above link into your browser.


Our homework for this week begins on page 154 and ends on page 173 of our workbooks. Make every effort to complete this homework before next Tuesday, when I will post the link for our next video session and discuss some of the things that we learned this week.

Your friend,

Amy :)

1 comment:

Mommy said...

THis week was so crazy and so interesting. I kept feeling horrible for Haman. I've done too much to relate to him, and I've definetly gotten a lot of second and third chances. I don't think I would have felt bad for him if he went to jail, but to die so horribly... And to think the king agreed, and acted like it was nothing was just so crazy. I was thinking that I can't believe how much he hated the Jews and how horrible that is, then I thought it really isn't too much different then we feel about parts of the middle east right now. With the war, the terrorists and the threat against our family, I guess with Haman's history I can almost understand it. At the same time , I think she had to do what she had to do. You can't trust someone that is truly evil and with that much hatred, he would have been plotting and turning against her the second he walked out of there. But I was really shocked how bad I felt for him.